FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX workflow with CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Helms
FCPX workflow with CatDV
on Nov 21, 2012 at 5:58:04 pm

We have been finishing a documentary edited on Premiere Pro - and are now considering to do our next documentary on FCP X to give it the benefit of the doubt - and see what the latest updates have done to the software.
But I am curious to know how others workflow are to get CatDV and FCPX to work together in the best possible way...

Do you ingest through FCPX and then deliver it to CatDV or.....

Any feedback are VERY welcome - so we

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Kyle Beecher
Re: FCPX workflow with CatDV
on Nov 26, 2012 at 8:48:58 pm

Theres always more than one way to skin a cat, but I have found for my personal workflow importing everything into CatDV, editing, tagging, marking, and even creating sequences, then sending it to FCP X.

But thats just me.

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Nov 27, 2012 at 6:39:46 am

So true Kyle...
I am shooting on a Canon C300 - and here I wondered what the best solution would be. FPCX can edit it in a kind of "native" - so should I copy the CF card to my workspace and then import it either through CatDV or FCPX.....this is my challenge...;-)

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Kyle Beecher
on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:30:15 pm

Really just depends on if you want to do with your media and how you want to come back to it later...

If you want the ability to search it later quickly and get the most out both programs i would copy the media to where you store it, import to a catalog in CatDV, do all your tagging, and pre-editing, then use the "send to FCP X" option to go to FCP X and do your editing. You can even set up a sequence in CatDV if you want to do a rough edit in there.

But yeah, this is just one way... really depends on what you want to do. Try a few different ways and see what works best for you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]