FORUMS: list search recent posts

my first CAT DV installation

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
my first CAT DV installation
on May 6, 2010 at 12:10:21 am

I have still not picked up my jaw from the floor. I have done my first CAT DV install/demo, from the free download, without any training, other than what I saw Bryson showed me at NAB in 5 minutes. Within 20 minutes - without reading a manual, without getting training, we were able to drag random media from our shared drive volume using Maxx Digital Final Share, into CAT DV. It instantly created the proxy files. We were able to view the clips in multiple ways, see the existing metadata, add our own metadata about the clips (which was as simple as clicking on the "notes" column, and adding our own notes about the clips), and then using the "Spotlight" search function, search for those notes, to instantly find those notes. We started with a small FCP Capture Scratch Folder of about 45 clips in Apple ProRes422HQ, which took about 10 seconds to get into CAT DV. When we found the clips that we wanted (which was done by checking the checkbox and highlighting them), we right clicked on these clips, chose SEND TO FCP, FCP opened, and there was the ORIGINAL MEDIA. We almost started to cry.
AND even though it says that you can't save catalogs in the demo version, we were able to save catalogs to the desktop without issue.

My client said only one thing after 20 minutes of observing what we were doing - BUY THIS RIGHT NOW. The freelance editor wanted his own copy as well.

WOW.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: my first CAT DV installation
on May 6, 2010 at 2:54:37 am

Man, so rad that you got it rolling. It's a fun path to wind down. ;)

Keep digging, there's a lot in there, man. ;)

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Mike Chapman
on May 10, 2010 at 10:56:01 am

Bob - What's the name of your reseller? Like you, I've been blown away by how well it works and how it's streamlined our workflow. But trying to find a reseller in these parts has been tough. Who is your source and how can I reach them??

Mike Chapman
Senior Editor/Associate Producer
DigiNovations, Inc

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 10, 2010 at 12:49:29 pm

Maxx Digital is a reseller. http://www.maxxdigital.com

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Mike Chapman
on May 10, 2010 at 4:10:36 pm

Thanks!

Mike Chapman
Senior Editor/Associate Producer
DigiNovations, Inc

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 11, 2010 at 1:52:04 am

I used Maxx Digital as well. John West is the salesman that I used.

bob zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]