FORUMS: list search recent posts

Failed to publish changes: Error after importing

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Beecher
Failed to publish changes: Error after importing
on Nov 2, 2012 at 6:24:21 pm

ok, so here's another problem i have been running into that i really hope you folks can help me sort out...

I get this error after importing about a 1000 or so files then trying to save.

Failed to publish changes:

insert thumbnail failed (data truncation: data too long for column image at row 1)

i've only gotten this 2 times, and I forget how i solved it last time......

any help would be awesome!

thanks,

-Kyle

Return to posts index

Sebastien Bertrand
Re: Failed to publish changes: Error after importing
on Nov 3, 2012 at 11:43:32 am

Hello Kyle,

In the past, I have worked around similar issues by moving the clips to a new catalog. You might have hot a little bug there, and I would suggest you send your catalog to squarebox support so they can analyze the problem.

Sebastien Bertrand
Ordigraphe Inc.
Toronto, Canada
http://www.ordigraphe.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:02:54 pm

It sounds like one of your thumbnail images at least is too large to save to the database. That sounds like a bug. If possible, please save the catalog that you can't publish to the server locally to disk instead (File > Local Catalogs > Save As Catalog) and mail the file to support@squarebox.com.

What kind of clips are in that catalog, and what thumbnail size are you using?

Return to posts index

Roxanne Henry
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:38:06 pm

I'm coming across this error when creating catalogs as well. My catalog only has 241 files in it so it might not be related to the quantity of files. Rolf, Are you on CatDV version 10 yet?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 6, 2012 at 2:46:05 pm

What error message precisely are you seeing? The data trunctation error is a database error and can only ever occur if you're publishing catalogs to the server, not if you're saving catalogs locally.

I'm one of the developers of CatDV so yes, I have been using CatDV v10 for quite a while now :-)

Return to posts index

Kyle Beecher
on Nov 8, 2012 at 6:02:06 pm

Thanks for the support guys.

I have tried saving to another catalog and no go... the thumbnail import size is set to medium, and i have "generate full size thumbnails from file system" unchecked as suggested...

I will send a copy of the catalog as suggested...

Return to posts index

Kyle Beecher
on Nov 8, 2012 at 6:07:30 pm

actually the file size is to big to send... its 35mbs, gmail only supports 25... any suggestions???

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:12:06 pm

There are various services such as sendthisfile.com and dropbox that can be used to send large files.

Also, just to let you know, but the next update of CatDV has code to protect against thumbnails being created which are too large to save to the server. One situation we found where this could happen is when importing things like Illustrator or Word files and where CatDV was importing the thumbnail these files can contain without checking the size. This has been fixed in CatDV 10.0.1, due out later this week.

Return to posts index

Kyle Beecher
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:58:31 pm

Nice!

I found a workaround by rebuilding it in CatDV 9 and saving from there. for some reason it let me do it, and worked. nice to know the update will fix this though!

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:57:59 am

That fits. We added support for reading thumbnails (if present) from Adobe Illustrator and InDesign and MS Office X documents in CatDV 10, so if you use CatDV 9 you won't be using that feature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]