FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF material from Canon C300

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Helms
MXF material from Canon C300
on Nov 2, 2012 at 1:31:27 pm

We have got the mxf-option and I was told on IBC that this would enable us to get material in from the Canon C300 camera. We have tried that and it has trouble reading the files. What should we do to get the right workflow so we can get the material from our C300 into CatDV?

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Sebastien Bertrand
Re: MXF material from Canon C300
on Nov 3, 2012 at 11:31:15 am

Hello Henrik,

The MXF option will allow CatDV to read MXF metadata and merge multi-files mxf formats into metaclips. To analyze or playback mxf, you still need to give Quicktime the capability of opening an MXF wrapper by using Calibrated{Q} MXF import or MXF4Mac.

Sebastien Bertrand
Ordigraphe Inc.
Toronto, Canada
http://www.ordigraphe.com

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Nov 5, 2012 at 2:06:28 pm

Thanks for the info Sebastian. I have purchased the Calibrated MXF. This makes it possible for me to export an xml file from Premiere with my Canon C300 bins - and then watch them in CatDV. BUT if I then want to make a preview proxy then I get an error saying it failed beceause of java.langArayIndexOutOfBounds.Exception.

What can I do to change that - and what does it really means in plain english...:-)

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 5, 2012 at 6:24:45 pm

That sounds like a bug. Check what version of CatDV you're using at http://www.squarebox.co.uk/download1.html in case it's been fixed. If not, please reproduce the problem then forward a copy of the CatDV Error Log (available via the Help menu) to support@squarebox.com so we can investigate.

Return to posts index

Roxanne Henry
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:40:36 pm

I have the MXF option as well with the calibrated plugins and with CatDV version 10 I am having issues with spanned clips importing in full. It only imports the first clip within the spanned clip. I have a lot of 5:16 clips that are actually longer. I have had to role back to using CatDV version 9 to correct this.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 6, 2012 at 2:31:56 pm

What sort of clips are these, P2 or Canon? Are you saying v9 correctly imports them as a spanned clip or as separate clips? And that v10 imports a single clip but the duration is wrong and only matches the first clip in the spanned set?

Please raise a problem report by emailing support@squarebox.com with full details of the problme, including screenshots and/or copies of the CatDV Error Log or .cdv catalog file so we can investigate.

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Nov 7, 2012 at 4:46:50 pm

Its a bit strange - if I try to build a proxy through the media menu in CatDV 10 it makes an error - it takes looong time trying to convert the mxf Canon C300 file - but end up with an error. If I take the same clip and through my status bar tricker an CatDV worker action - then it makes a proxy for my web without error. The worker is on a different machine but both machines have the calibrated mxf option installed.
Both proxy settings are for H264.

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 8, 2012 at 9:14:42 am

Please raise a problem report by emailing support@squarebox.com with full details of the problme, including screenshots and/or copies of the CatDV Error Log or .cdv catalog file so we can investigate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]