FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a path from Premiere Pro to Cat DV?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Udell
Is there a path from Premiere Pro to Cat DV?
on Oct 21, 2012 at 4:15:35 pm

Hi all...

Someone on the PPro forum is asking about creating a Database from the clips and subclips in a PPro project.

Is there some method of exporting XML from PPro that can be translated to CATDV?

Thanks...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Art Thomas
Re: Is there a path from Premiere Pro to Cat DV?
on Oct 22, 2012 at 3:06:06 am

Hi Alex,
Is it XML or XMP that we need to export from PPro?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 26, 2012 at 4:47:23 pm

Yes, you can export Final Cut 7 XML from Premiere Pro CS5 or later and import that into CatDV.

It's somewhat ironic that after Apple dropped FCP 7, Final Cut XML files have emerged as the de facto industry standard for exchangng clips, sequences, and metadata between editing applications!

Return to posts index

Art Thomas
on Oct 26, 2012 at 6:04:58 pm

Hi,
I tried importing an XML file created in PremierePro, but got an error. Something about "content is not allowed in prolog". I am using the trial version CATDV PRO and it might not allow it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 3, 2012 at 8:45:57 pm

If you have an example xml file that won't import into CatDV, please mail it to support@squarebox.com so we can investigate.

Return to posts index

David Camlin
on Jan 11, 2013 at 7:02:41 pm

New to CatDV. Very impressed with capabilities but still experimenting with the 10.0.1 demo version. Very excited about PPcs6 XML transfer to CatDV but wondering if I will be able to create multi-heirarchy user-defined fields in order to tag duplicated sequences with varying source ranges that reference one clip. Will the tags be applied to footage that has been defined by the in/out duration or will the tags be applied to the source material?

thanks

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]