FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make movie tab fullscreen on different monitor?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiger Blam
Make movie tab fullscreen on different monitor?
on Oct 11, 2012 at 7:56:01 am

Hello

First time poster. I searched, but couldn't find any other topic concerning my inquiry.

I just started a new job working on a tv-show, working with CatDV Pro 9.0

As I have a desktop with two monitors, I'm trying to set it up so that I can see the movie tab fullscreen on one monitor, whilst having everything else on the other monitor. So far I've managed to display them on separate monitors only by double clicking the clip and entering a mode where I can't edit the details at the same time.

Is it not possible to detach the 'movie' tab and setting it to play fullscreen on a different monitor?

Appreciate all help.

Sincerely Tiger

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Make movie tab fullscreen on different monitor?
on Oct 11, 2012 at 3:54:50 pm

It is not, I'm assuming it's a Java limitation.

However, command-L will open the file in the quicktime player and you can have your cake and eat it too.

You can't use this for logging or marking, (Verbatim logger does that) but you can edit metadata while you watch full screen this way.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Tiger Blam
on Oct 12, 2012 at 6:03:16 am

OK. Thanks for the response. =)

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on Mar 1, 2013 at 7:38:34 pm

I'm doing/needing the same thing with a client that's cataloguing footage with me. I came up with a little work around to get the footage on another monitor, but you have to be a little quick with some keyboard shortcuts...

You can double-click a clip which opens the clip in a separate "pop-out" window. Drag it into the other monitor. You only have to do that once, as it will always open at the place it was last placed. Using this separate "pop-out"screen you can use J,K,L,I,O, to navigate the clip, set ins and outs, and even drop markers. You can use ; and ' to move between markers, and the up and down arrow keys will change clips. When you have a selection set in a clip you can hit cmd/cntl+W to close the window, cmd/cntl+U to create a subclip, and finally, enter your metadata for the new sub-clip. Then you can double click another clip and start the process over.

It's a bit of a pain, but once you get used to running through a bunch of keyboard shortcuts, it becomes fairly natural.

Hope this helps. And I hope CatDV builds in the ability to move the "Movie" window about freely ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]