Schedule Scan Utility in CATDV PRO?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke McLean
Schedule Scan Utility in CATDV PRO?
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:05:49 pm

Hello,

Question:

Does CATDV PRO have a utility that allows me to run daily to weekly scans on certain designated folders or partitions? If not, is there a good task moderation application that's both friendly and efficient in telling CATDV to run a scheduled scan?

Currently working in a Post-Production company and the purpose of all this is to keep our Unity's digital assets and files up to date in catalog. Our Unity is constantly changing with new QuickTimes and MXF files. We're both Final Cut Pro and Avid based.

Currently running CATDV Pro 9.0.6 on MAC OS X 10.6.7 with 2x 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon MAC Pro.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch.
Sincerely,
Luke

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Schedule Scan Utility in CATDV PRO?
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:50:07 pm

May I ask, do you currently have a CatDV system deployed?

If you have the Worker Node you can do something like this but it sounds like you may not have CatDV setup yet as this is a very non-standard workflow.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Luke McLean
on Oct 9, 2012 at 10:01:07 pm

No, haven't yet installed the worker node and only just recently discovered the automation engine that the node offers. Didn't know if the Pro version of CATDV already had an automation utility built in itself with out the need of the worker node, however I can contact sales in trying it out.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 10, 2012 at 12:15:14 am

Definitely contact the distro guys. They'll get you rolling.

The client is just that. Think of the Worker Node as an automated client, that's basically what it is.

Keep us posted and enjoy!

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]