FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cloud solution (with metadata) for CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Schaap
Cloud solution (with metadata) for CatDV
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:57:34 pm

I just wanted to pass along some information to CatDV users who may be looking for a "cloud" solution (aside from CatDV Web Client) to extend to their media to the web, with searchable metadata. A quick history of our experience:

We are a non-profit that has a ton of video that we need to organize and make accessible on a cloud. We bought into a CatDV / MediaSilo solution for this on the basis of a promise from an integrator that there would be integration in the "near" future between CatDV and MediaSilo. Long story short, two years later we have official word from MediaSilo that they will not ever develop integration with CatDV. So we began to look for other cloud solutions.

We have had a great partnership with a different company called Fordela (http://www.foredela.com). At this point, we are able to export our clips with metadata and have it be searchable on our Fordela cloud. Fordela has been absolutely great to work with as well. They are very responsive and eager to understand our needs and meet them to the best of their abilities. I can't say enough about how great their team has been.

Another great advantage is that it is not seat but user-based and user accounts are basically unlimited. So, if you are looking for a cloud solution to work with you CatDV setup I encourage you to check them out.

Thanks,
Jeff Schaap

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Cloud solution (with metadata) for CatDV
on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:25:56 pm

Jeff, thanks for that. Sorry to hear about MediaSilo but I understand, it's hard to integrate disparate systems sometimes.

Also, and not to hijack the thread but since it's about cloud and CatDV solutions, NSA also offers a private cloud web solution called Approval-Q that you can purchase and run on a cloud server or your own hardware.

It's fully integrated with CatDV. It not only receives metadata from CatDV through an automated upload, but writes back metadata changes as well so the databases stay in sync.

So if you have a server (your CatDV server perhaps?) and a decent pipe (10Mb or so), you can easily host your own solution with no monthly fees. (Use that budget to get a faster pipe for your shop?)

It's fully skin-able, has an ipad interface, and gives you most anything you'd need for cloud sharing of assets.

http://www.northshoreautomation.com/solutions/overview/

Has more info on it. You can contact your CatDV dealer in America and you can get it from Squarebox if you're outside the US.

I'm trying to get a demo video done and I'll post when that's available.

And again, thanks for the tip on Fordela, it sounds like a cool solution.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Schaap
on Oct 5, 2012 at 1:12:17 pm

Hey Bryson,

Thanks for the info. I did come across your company and your product, Approval Q, when we were in the research phase of looking for a cloud solution. However, in the end equation, we decided on a solution that we didn't have to manage ourselves. The appeal of Fordela, for us, was the fact that it is managed out-of-house.

I'd love to see your demo. when you have it done though. Sounds like a great product. If you helped develop it I am sure it's quality.

Thanks,
Jeff Schaap

Return to posts index

Aaron Vogel
on Feb 11, 2013 at 10:33:38 pm

Hey Jeff,
We too were looking at MediaSilo and have been in talks with them about doing a CatDV integration.

Though they haven't told me outright I get the impression they're not too eager to do it and would cost us big money to make it happen.

Though I really like a lot of the features MS has, they're development seems slow and I'm looking for alternatives.

I'd love to talk to you about Fordela and how they're working for you. Not entirely sure how to contact people directly here... maybe I haven't posted enough or something...

Return to posts index

Leonid Nekrasov
on Apr 19, 2013 at 9:28:02 am

Dear Jeff,

I would like to know more about the solution with fordela. Is it possible to mail or to chat with you? How can I contact you?

Maybe you could contact me through LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/CPSnl

Best Regards
Leo

LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/CPSnl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]