Web client

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Helms
Web client
on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:13:13 am

Hi!
Two questions:
Is it possible to change the layout of the web client to match the layout of the group setting in CatDV pro?

And why is the naming of the user fields not carried over to the web client - I only se user fields numbers and no naming.

Kind regards
Henrik

Return to posts index

Lily Duckler
Re: Web client
on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:50:04 pm

Hello Henrik,

We were wondering about this, too, at the beginning of the year. Since I know that finding a solution was often frustrating, I would love to share what we learned.

I'll start with your second question, since this one was an easier fix (at least for us):
http://www.squarebox.co.uk/download/CatDVServer6.7b3.dmg
http://www.squarebox.co.uk/download/CatDVServer6.7b3.exe
There was an update for the server which included a fix to this very issue. If you make sure you're updated to at least 6.7b3 or higher, the issue should be resolved.

Regarding your first question, here was the solution we were able to implement with great help from the folks at Squarebox support:
(NOTE: only available with server version 6.6b9 or higher)

1) In the server control panel, go to the server config page and in the "Other" section add the following line
webclient.loadUIFromGroup = true

2) In the web client, uncheck the "Show advanced tabs" option in the local preferences dialog. You can access this dialogue by clicking on the little "gear" icon. If ShowAdvancedOptions is set, it will override the settings we just asked the server to send out. Now, whenever you click on an asset, it should automatically load the panels according to the asset's group.

By default, you will see the same panels you've created CatDV Pro client. If you want to have different panels in the web client (for example, a simplified Web Approval Panel), you can do so.

For example, let's suppose you have tabs called Details and Technical that you only want to show on the installed CatDV client but not in the web interface. To do this, add the following line to server config 'other' section (as in step #1):
webclient.alwaysHideTabs = Details,Technical

Now, let's imagine one step further. You create a panel called Web Approval that you want to show in the web client but not in the installed client. Define the panel as normal using the CatDV "Customise details panels" preferences and save it to your production group settings on the server, but uncheck the visible option so the tab doesn't appear in CatDV. Instead, add the following line in the server config page to override that flag and show it in the web client:

webclient.alwaysShowTabs = Web Approval

Important note!
You will need to stop and restart the web server for any of these changes to take effect. Also, the layout in the web client won't exactly match that of the regular client (only a single column is used, and the event markers table will always be shown on a separate tab) but the same fields and pick list values should appear in both.

OR-> it looks like CatDV Pro10.0 allows for easier customization of the web client. I haven't played with this yet, but if the solution outlined above doesn't work out for you, it would be worth having a conversation with your WAR and/or the folks at JB&A to see if an upgrade to 10.0 will work out better for your needs.

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:10:26 am

Thank you for your reply - I will look into it - and btw I am on CatDV 10

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:28:43 am

I downloaded the latest server update 6.7b9 - and that did the trick - Now the user fields and status fields are showing correct - my custom summary field is still not showing - even if I type user field set (dBA standard) in the web client field on the server. It is still the same layout. Any reason why??

Kind regards

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:14:36 pm

I'd assume that "summary" is a non editable tab in the system.

Try duplicating it with a different name and I'm sure it'll be fine.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 6, 2012 at 8:25:43 am

Thanks for the info Bryce - I will do that!

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:23:54 am

I have tried to make a copy of my summary view and called it something new. Still it is not showing in the webclient. Another thing is that I find it a bit random what the status include in the web client. It is not showing the field set I chosen - instead it seems that it is just showing the statuses which has been used for the clip.

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 20, 2012 at 9:30:35 pm

The regular web client gives you the ability to specify a named field definition set which specifies the names and types of your user defined fields. The web customisation option provides additional flexibility if you need it, such as the ability to specify a custom logo and title, automatically pick up different user field definitions for different production groups, and customise which tabs and fields are shown in the web client or CatDV client. See http://www.squarebox.co.uk/webclient.html for more details.

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 22, 2012 at 2:06:52 pm

Okay - so if I want to have e.g. an extra view panel containing fields of my choice I need the extra web customize option. With the normal web solution I only can name the fields in the user fields panel.

Is it so?

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 24, 2012 at 6:35:26 am

And another thing - It seems that the status messages I have to choose from when I go to a clip in the web client is a bit random. It is more or less the ones that have been used for the clip in the past that shows. If I make a new field set and type that in the web client preferences it does not change the appearances of the the status field. Shouldn't it do that?

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 26, 2012 at 4:36:58 pm

This is fixed in the next server update (6.7b10)

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Nov 2, 2012 at 12:24:22 pm

Thanks for the info Rolf!

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 26, 2012 at 4:37:42 pm

Yes, that's correct

Return to posts index

Cesar Cabrera
on Jan 24, 2014 at 3:54:11 pm

Good Morning I have the CATDV 10.0.8. Catdv Server 6.9b. Recently updated. Since that the Clip Status is not showing in the WebClient. Not the pick list either. But how can I install back the former version? I tried the conventional way and the database won't let me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]