COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toni Popovic
Error log from crash
on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:44:17 am

Hey,

We ran into this crash several times:

MouseDown at 346,13 outx=508
toFront squarebox.catdv.$0.$35[title=Master (Remote @ 13:19) - filtered - CatDV Pro (modified),database=RemoteDatabase[title=Master (Remote @ 13:19),numclips=608]@1fc7299] toFront squarebox.catdv.$0.$35[title=Master (Remote @ 13:19) - filtered - CatDV Pro (modified),database=RemoteDatabase[title=Master (Remote @ 13:19),numclips=608]@1fc7299] [13:26:08.099]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Response timeout - player process stopped responding!
at squarebox.catdv.mf.remote.$3.$5(Unknown Source)
at squarebox.catdv.mf.remote.$1.$2(Unknown Source)
at squarebox.catdv.mf.remote.$2.$10(Unknown Source)
at squarebox.catdv.$0.$106.$20(Unknown Source)
at squarebox.catdv.$0.$106.$12(Unknown Source)
at squarebox.catdv.$0.$106$9.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) An error occurred with the movie player (Response timeout - player process stopped responding!)
Error: An error occurred with the movie player (Response timeout - player process stopped responding!) STDERR null Deactivated java.awt.event.WindowEvent[WINDOW_DEACTIVATED,opposite=javax.swing.JDialog[dialog21,2440,633,587x118,layout=java.awt.BorderLayout,APPLICATION_MODAL,title=Error,defaultCloseOperation=HIDE_ON_CLOSE,rootPane=javax.swing.JRootPane[,3,25,581x90,layout=javax.swing.JRootPane$RootLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=16777673,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=],rootPaneCheckingEnabled=true],oldState=0,newState=0] on frame0

This crash happened with 9.0.6 and 9.0.4 clients in Windows. The error log is from 9.0.6. We are using the Quicktime helper process option on if that makes a difference. The option is necessary because without it loading is unbearably slow. Footage in question is AVCHD video rewrapped to MOV with ffmpeg. Using Xuggle eats up all the memory and eventually crashes the client as well.

What do you make of this?

Best,
Toni

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Error log from crash
on Sep 13, 2012 at 11:34:49 am

That message shouldn't indicate a crash (abnormal program termination) so much as the helper process not responding. That would be consistent with it being unbearably slow if you don't use the helper process - some sort of problem with the .mov that causes QT to freeze when it opens it.

The main situation I know of where that can occur is when opening QT reference movies where the media is missing, in which case QT can spend a long time searching your drives for the media. That's controlled by the advanced media option whether to resolve data references but I don't think FFmpeg creates reference movies, so perhaps something else is going on.

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:38:44 pm

Thanks for the swift response, Rolf!

You are right that it was not actually a client crash. I did not see it myself but got a complaint about "a crash". I actually do get the Worker Node to crash when trying to create proxy from this footage.

As you said the problem surely is with the footage, but my hands are pretty much tied because Quicktime (hence CatDV) does not support AVCHD and software like Clipwrap are not available for Windows. Transcoding is too time consuming to do on-site.

One option is to buy new cameras but our price range is basically dominated by AVCHD. If you can think of any other workarounds, please let me know.

Also, Rolf did you get my e-mail about the catdv.properties file?

Best,
Toni

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:44:43 pm

I can't speak to the error, that's for SB Support, but could you tell us more about the "rewrap?"

Are you not transcoding them into another format? You are actually just changing the wrapper?

I've never seen this done successfully myself, but I'm curious as to how it performs in the Quicktime player, separately from CatDV Pro, as it would save a ton of time, I'm sure.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Aug 22, 2013 at 2:17:26 pm

Beg my pardon for going into this conversation but I am curious. So, media converter (http://media-converter.sourceforge.net/) is far more faster than transcoding via FCP7 or FCPX? Thank you :)

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Aug 23, 2013 at 10:48:45 pm

Not a problem, all are welcome!

Generally a re-wrap is faster than a transcode no matter what the software that's doing it.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]