FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web Client: video is upside down with HTML5

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toni Popovic
Web Client: video is upside down with HTML5
on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:06:15 pm

Hey,

I just installed 6.7b7 (linux) and tried the Web Client with Chrome. With Quicktime everything plays fine but with HTML5 the video is upside down. I tested this with two clips I imported and they both behaved similarly. The same files worked alright in our previous installation (6.6b13 or 12). Both files are in .mov wrapper and h.264.

Internet Explorer could not play HTML5 at all. In the Professional Client everything works normally.

Have you guys seen this before? Any ideas?

-Toni

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Web Client: video is upside down with HTML5
on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:40:45 pm

How was the file created? For example, if it comes straight from a camera it's possible that it was recorded upside down but with orientation information set so it's rotated by 180 degrees on playback (QT files can support transformations like that on playback) but it's possible some players support feature that and not others. If so, you could try transcoding it first so it has the correct orientation.

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
Is Chrome to blame here?
on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:27:34 am

Hey,

Thanks for the quick answer. I just checked and the same upside-down behaviour is happens also with the 6.6b13 server. I am sure that the same files did not behave like that with Chrome before. With iPad 2 + Safari every video works alright. Has Chrome changed their HTML5 implementation perhaps? I use version 21.0.1180.83.

BTW: I have recorded (not upside down) and transcoded both of the files. I imported the originals and proxy to CatDV again and they have Orientation metadata field set as 0.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]