FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D "Timecode"

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Strand
7D "Timecode"
on Aug 20, 2012 at 9:10:22 pm

When I drag a clip from a 7D, with the folder directory intact with .THM files, into CatDV the timecode is reading 23:15:15. When I use Log and Transfer in FCP, it says 22:15:15. The hour is off by one for every clip. I've ticked several preferences in CatDV on and off but no luck. Curious if anyone knows why this is occurring. I know that 7D's "timecode" is just time of day timecode.

Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: 7D "Timecode"
on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:37:59 pm

Check the file in CatDV using the Media/File Info command. Does it have a timecode track? If so, both CatDV and FCP would use that. If not, then I'd expect FCP to show 0:00:00:00 and CatDV to use the time of day (according to the Rec Date/Camera Clock field) if you have the import option "Use time of day timecode" enabled in CatDV's preferences. One possibility might be that Log & Transfer is also reading the camera clock but is applying daylight savings correction.

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Aug 21, 2012 at 2:14:25 pm

Rolf, the files do not have a timecode track. FCP does show 0:00:00:00 if I drag the file from the drive into FCP, in which case it wouldn't be referencing the THM file.

The "Use time of day timecode" option is checked; I have tried unchecking it but it still read the TC at 23:15:15.

That's an interesting thought about applying daylight savings correction. I'll investigate into that further.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:57:36 pm

Unchecking the time of day timecode won't alter clips that you've already imported, it will only affect clips you import into CatDV subsequently.

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:32:44 pm

Right, I was bringing them in before and after I unchecked the box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]