FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can You View Multiple Catalogs in CatDV 8.1?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Shields
Can You View Multiple Catalogs in CatDV 8.1?
on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:33:42 pm

I'm using WorkGroup. Sorry to double post but I would like some help here.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
Re: Can You View Multiple Catalogs in CatDV 8.1?
on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:55:19 pm

Got my answer. I kept reading that it could be done in Server and didn't realize that meant Enterprise Server and not Workgroup Server.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 31, 2012 at 5:02:02 pm

Publishing catalogs to the server and searching across catalogs is supported by both Workgroup and Enterprise editions of the server.

The main difference is that the workgroup server doesn't keep track of which user owns or published the clips, it's designed for small teams of no more than 5 or so people where everyone knows what everyone else is doing and everyone has full access to everything.

The enterprise server, on the other hand, implements users, groups, roles and permissions, so you can restrict access to particular assets to different users. It also maintains all the preference settings on the server, so you automatically get the latest user fields and view layouts relevant to the production group you're working on at the time.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:01:06 pm

Hey there,

You actually can open as many as you like, or ram will permit. You can also search on a term and see every record on the system although you probably won't want to.

Think if you;d said "how can I see everything I've ever typed into all of my excel spreadsheets?" or "I need to see every email I've ever written at once." CatDV is not as limited as that, but there is a concept at work that maps well to those ideas, although the database aspect adds far more functionality.

I suspect you didn't get a reply due to the nature of the question.

I'd recommend you get a training session, either from your original dealer or from JB&A if you are in the US. CatDV is an amazing and very deep system that can be frustrating if not configured, and used in the correct way.

Far more important than "how do I look at something" is the question, "how did you lay out your data?"

Read around here, but if you follow my posts you will see a ton of mentions of "getting help". This is not because I own a company of "helpers", it's because success can come far more quickly if you have a company setting your system up and training you. This is how Squarebox intends the system to be deployed.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33:27 am

Thanks Bryson and Rolf. I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]