FORUMS: list search recent posts

Querying files that don't have proxies

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Strand
Querying files that don't have proxies
on Jul 17, 2012 at 5:26:09 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to query all the clips that don't have proxies? I have been trying on and off and I have yet to figure out a way. Is it possible to do it with some sort of Metadata (file) query using the Proxy File built in field?

Thanks - Eric

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Querying files that don't have proxies
on Jul 17, 2012 at 6:25:13 pm

Are you trying to figure out which clips don't have proxies so you can isolate them and make proxies?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Jul 17, 2012 at 6:31:01 pm

Hey Robb,

That is what we're trying to do. I know you can do it in the worker, but didn't know if there was a query we could run in CatDV.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jul 17, 2012 at 6:35:04 pm

Unmount your high res storage and query for offline clips.

I'd also like to add that PF as a field ID is not useable in the CLI. That would be a useful one to add to the Worker.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Jul 17, 2012 at 6:50:02 pm

Thanks Bryson. I can see that online is the built in field p5, but I'm not seeing it in the Query Advanced view drop down. How would I query it?

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:23:16 pm

You can just open a catalog, select all, and build movies. It skips over the ones that already have proxies. I do it all the time. It should work on any query, too. I add material to projects/catalogs allmthentime and lose track of which have proxies. Works fine.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:28:07 pm

Yeah that's what we usually do as well. One my coworkers asked me and since I had been wondering about it for a few months on and off thought I'd throw it out here.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 17, 2012 at 9:14:08 pm

Checking whether a proxy is available or not is done by the client at run time so a server query would be no good (conceivably, different client machines could have different proxy directories available). You should be able to do a local search for whether Proxy File is blank or not though I'd have thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]