FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting XML files for catalogue items in CatDV Worker Node

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Pirro
Exporting XML files for catalogue items in CatDV Worker Node
on Jul 13, 2012 at 6:26:03 pm

Hey there Cow pros: I have a specific thing that I'm trying to do with the CatDV Worker Node, as I know how to do it in the Client but have been thus far confused with the correct method in the Worker.

In CatDV Client, you can export an XML file of a selected item in a catalogue, containing all of its metadata. There's a function in the Worker that says "Export XML file" but asks for an XML file that has already been created.

1. How can we make a job that exports an XML file of a video that meets the job criteria, and also exports to a specific location? (The job: When a video is flagged, copy it to a specified folder, and export an XML file containing its data, with the same name, to the same specified folder).

2. Can the above job in part 1 be done ONLY for video files? In our workflow, we would flag both a .MOV of the video and a .WAV of the audio; we'd want an XML file from the video, and all 3 files to end up in the same place.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Exporting XML files for catalogue items in CatDV Worker Node
on Jul 13, 2012 at 9:09:36 pm

The file chooser by the XML export field is designed as a helper to let you choose roughly the correct folder or file but what you type in that field actually has any variables expanded, so you could enter something like /Users/rolf/Desktop/XML Files/${NM1}.xml if you wanted. And yes, you can export XML for any clip, not just movies.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Pirro
on Jul 13, 2012 at 9:13:01 pm

Ah okay. So, what I want the job to do is this: A clip marked "Approved" in the Status field is copied to a "Finished Videos" folder, and it plunks an XML file there too. So in the "generate XML file" field, I would include a variable that indicates the destination folder?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 13, 2012 at 9:16:47 pm

If the destination folder is fixed you can hardcode that - you just need a variable for what actually varies from clip to clip, ie. the name of the xml file you are generating. (On the other hand, if you want the xml files in different folders depending on the clip then yes, you'd specify the folder by means of variables also.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]