FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cache-A and CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bryson jones
Cache-A and CatDV
on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:40:02 pm

Here's a quick and dirty look at CatDV and Cache-A working together.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: .mxf preview unsupported for this format
on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:47:10 pm

Very cool of you. Thanks a trillion.

My guess is that if you customize the tape name, it will archive that custom tape name or does it always go off of the MEDIA ID number?

Also, say you already have a relatively massive archive of LTO Tape, can CatDV be updated with that tape library?

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:17:55 pm

CatDV default tape name for the archive plug in with Cache-A is to pick up the serial number of the LTO tape. This is automatically picked up by CatDV when working with an attached Cache-A. Previously archived material is tough! One possible solution is if you know what has been archived already you can tag all the assets with the tape name very easily. If not that would be tough.... email or contact me directly and we can look at some options!

Great video Bryson!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:24:43 pm

Thanks guys - happy to share.

To answer the naming thing, that's a Cache-A ID for now. Maybe one of their guys can speak to that.

As far as tracking other tapes, if it's a tapeless camera, you can make the older LTO the "tape" in CatDV.

If it's already got a video tape and an LTO, you could manually add them to the db by creating an "alternate LTO" field to deal with the old stuff. That way, as you restored from the old and moved media to your slick new Cache-A, you could manage both.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Allan White
Re: Cache-A and CatDV
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:12:55 pm

Bryson, love the YouTube channel! Keep it coming, I'm happy to retweet 'em or share. Good stuff.

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, XSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 16, 2010 at 9:14:48 pm

Sorry about that subject line up there. My browser autofilled that in.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Earle Nichol
on Apr 29, 2010 at 8:17:48 pm

Hey Bryson,

great to meet you at NAB...The Eagles concert was unbelievable!!! Not sure what my browser is doing but I don't see this video that the others are talking about...could you post a link or send it to me at enichol@matrixvideocom.com I'm going to show a client the CATDV Cache-A combo tomorrow.

thanks and take care

Earle

Communication! Communication! Communication!

Return to posts index

Lindsay Simpson
on May 6, 2011 at 10:42:58 pm

Hi Bryson,

I can't seem to get my browser to display your tutorial video. Can you send me a link at lindsay.b.simpson@gmail.com?

Sounds like it will be worth my while. I am in the process of setting up at CatDV/Cache-A system with PPro and Avid MC 5.5 with P2 and Ikegami media. Any other helpful tips or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lindsay

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on May 9, 2011 at 3:37:14 pm

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on May 9, 2011 at 3:39:23 pm

Weird, the forum automatically turns YouTube links into embedded video, which may not work in all browsers. If you have problems, go to YouTube and search for "CatDV and Cache-A"

-Rolf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]