FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV working with Laptops

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Shields
CatDV working with Laptops
on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:55:15 pm

Hi All,

What is a good workflow with the CatDV and a laptop. We are looking to upgrade our system to the Enterprise with Web Client. The problem is that we are producers that travel a lot so we work from laptops and FW800 drives when in the office. Our reseller has suggested GigE and proxies. I don't like that option because I'm thinking that connection would be slow and really choke when trying to render with the larger files. If we did upgrade, is there another workflow for using laptops?

CatDV 8.1
Facilis
Cache-A
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
Re: CatDV working with Laptops
on Jun 28, 2012 at 1:49:56 pm

So I talked to Small Tree about their Titanium solution which they say would allow us to access HD footage across the network in real time. Is there anyone using CatDV with Titanium instead of a Facilis? How is does it work for you?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: CatDV working with Laptops
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:37:41 pm

There are many workflows for working with CatDV when not connected to a server. The purpose of catalog files(.cdv) is to create catalogs when not connected or take catalogs off the server and work disconnected. I suggest exploring local catalog files and get friendly with the media search paths and try out a few scenarios!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]