FORUMS: list search recent posts

Permissions Tangle

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sava Pinney
Permissions Tangle
on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:21:48 am

Hi all,
If I delete a group will the catalogues created for that group still be available to open by an administrator? We are using enterprise server.

I tried copying over the cats to a new user but they seemed to save as temp files and then saved with no extension? And then there was a message saying something like this file has been changed and closed, after which the file would close - a world of headaches today.

I also have a set a series of advanced queries - working well till today after my new users and groups, now they are acting strangely.

My thought is I have configured the permissions incorrectly and it might be best to wipe the slate clean and give it another shot, but have done quite a bit of work with catalogues so don't want to lose them.

My thanks in advance,
Cheers Sava

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Permissions Tangle
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:04:17 pm

Any catalogs in the deleted group will become part of the "anonymous" group, only visible to the admin.

The clips in those catalogs and their data should be preserved. As always, test first.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Sava Pinney
Re: Permissions Tangle
on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:04:20 am

Thanks for that Bryson, its been a concentrated catdv week for us and it's paid off, a wonderful piece of software. Cheers, Sava

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]