FORUMS: list search recent posts

What account should I use to log into the CatDV Server Admin Panel?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tang chai keong
What account should I use to log into the CatDV Server Admin Panel?
on Jun 20, 2012 at 2:32:20 am

I have set up CatDV server enterprise but I have no idea what account should I use to log into the Server Admin Panel to manager users!

Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

tang chai keong
Re: What account should I use to log into the CatDV Server Admin Panel?
on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:15:02 am

Ok after some trial and error, the default log in should be "Administrator" with no password ( just leave the password field blank).

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:21:00 am

it's that machine's administrator isn't it? Unless you've set permissions. I just have the workgroup server and it doesn't have multilevel permissions.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:57:12 pm

This is a good time to mention this distinction for the Workgroup and Standalone users. Enterprise has its own user admin structure with Users, Groups and Roles that don't appear in the other versions.

It uses these not only for management of permissions but also for changing the layouts and views that users see. For instance if you're an admin, you might see all production assets with 6 tabs of metadata and advanced menu options. If you have a more limited role, when you log in, you might only assets from one group, see 1 tab of metadata fields, see only limited menus and even have certain fields locked so that you cannot enter data into them.

Once you get above a certain number of users... or have a few that you can't trust not to wreck your db, ;) you need some more granular controls.

The default account is as listed. Stay tuned for some really interesting developments in this area of the app.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:09:41 pm

I thought that would be the case. Hard to know if you don't have the version in front of you.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jun 30, 2012 at 7:39:44 am

Note that documentation on how to use the enterprise and workgroup based features of CatDV Pro is included in the server release notes (as they're only relevant if you have the CatDV Server installed).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]