FORUMS: list search recent posts

Webclient and shared smart folder fix

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toni Popovic
Webclient and shared smart folder fix
on Jun 13, 2012 at 12:57:42 pm

Hello!

When adding smart folders from the webclient, the user gets a system wide list of all the shared smart folders even if the folders are not grouped within the user's production group. The user cannot add or edit any of these existing shared smart folders from other production groups, which is good but even seeing them in a list creates a problem for us.

For instance, think about a shared smart folder called 'Crap' that a creative admin has made. Some customers may find that offensive and it should be easily prevented by following the production group methodology.

Best,
Toni

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Webclient and shared smart folder fix
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:40:30 pm

Prepare for the worst, right? ;)

This should be a feature request/bug report. Guys?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:13:46 pm

Just to clarify, are you saying smart folders aren't grouped by production group, or that you're seeing smart folders that don't relate to the groups you're in?

What version of the server are you using? We did make some fixes relating to smart folders in the web client in 6.6b10 I believe.

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
on Jun 19, 2012 at 6:36:56 am

Hi!

Thank you for your quick response! I checked the server version and it is 6.6b12. The problem I am having is that when in the web client's edit smart folders menu I see all the smart folders from every production group. I would expect to see only the smart folders from the group I belong to. I can't edit them though but they are visible.

The folders clearly are grouped somehow because they do not appear in the smart folder navigation (on the left).

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
on Jun 25, 2012 at 6:46:55 am

Any updates on this matter? I provided some version info and a better (?) description of the issue. Let me know if you need something else.

Best,
Toni

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jun 30, 2012 at 7:36:21 am

Ok thanks, we've reproduced this bow and hope to have a fix in the next server release.

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Jun 5, 2014 at 2:18:59 pm

Hi, do you know why smart folders could not be updated in the Web server? I set them from CDV client/server tab. But they do not update in web client. why is that??

thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]