FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating keywords

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whitney Sickels
Updating keywords
on Jun 8, 2012 at 11:56:18 am

Hi there,

Is there a way to make keywords automatically update when you edit them? For example, I had a keyword "Pulp & Paper Industry" and I'm changing it to "Pulp and paper industry". However, if I edit the keyword in Preferences it does not update on the clips that have already been keyworded. So I either have to manually go to each clip, delete the old keyword and add the new one - which can obviously be very time consuming - or "Search and Replace" the keyword.

Same if you delete a keyword, is there a way that it can automatically delete it from the clips as well?

- Whitney

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Updating keywords
on Jun 8, 2012 at 5:07:37 pm

do a query on the entire database for all the clips with the same keywords and change them en mass to the new one. Then delete the old one. I'd think that would work.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:04:30 pm

Look under the tools menu and use search and replace tool or the even the bulk edit tool to do this in larger chunks. The Worker Node could also do this with a server query.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jun 8, 2012 at 9:34:36 pm

Both of those suggestions are right on.

I also want to take a moment and plug a service here. (WARNING MARKETING SPIN COMING!!!)

My company, North Shore Automation takes on large-scale database cleanups as a service through CatDV dealers. Meaning if you've really got messed up data, we can help straighten it out.

For instance, in a multi-grouping, we can remove " (double quotes) or ' single quotes from between records that have been imported with them and replace them with the correct delimiters for CatDV. (YouTube metadata exports with " around keyword sets. Same with commas, slashes and most any other maddening data mis-formats including bulk date reformats etc. (12/12/12 into 2012-12-12).

This isn't cost effective for small jobs but if you're trying to translate a large tape library or other db into CatDV, or if you've done it and the formats are wacky, we might be able to help.

We're a bit swamped at the moment and so you might have to be patient for a small project, but if you're faced with a weeks or months long manual reformat, it might be worth getting bid. We are currently ramping up our staff to better handle these one-off jobs.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]