FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing CatDV database issues

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Perr
Importing CatDV database issues
on May 17, 2012 at 5:54:08 pm

I'm having trouble getting a CatDV database imported. Using CatDV Server 6.6b13. Whenever I restore the db the server installation status is green, the database is green, but the CatDV Server is never finishing and the logs keep saying that tables dont exist (which I verify they actually do exist). The whole installation works fine if I reinstall but the second I try to restore from my database sql backup these errors start happening.

Strangest thing is that I get these errors like:

[1;10:46:49.689] err=java.sql.SQLException: Table 'catdv.clipTypes' doesn't exist

When that database table does exist and the permissions are wide open in MySQL.

Also getting this one:
Error: loadClipTypes "Table 'catdv.clipTypes' doesn't exist" (id=-1, numClips=-1) serveradmin@console @ mainserver.media.lan

Which really is strange. It seems like CatDV is trying to access the database through a user called serveradmin@console@mainserver.media.lan

my database url is set to:
jdbc:mysql://localhost/catdv?user=catdv&password=catdv
host:172.16.1.201
port: 1099

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

- Jason

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Importing CatDV database issues
on May 17, 2012 at 8:34:47 pm

I don't recognise those errors I'm afraid. What exactly are you trying to import? A backupXXX.sql file from another machine, or an older backup on that machine? And what are you using, the Import Database.. command from the Control Panel? Is the backup fairly recent or is from a much old system?

Return to posts index

Jason Perr
on May 18, 2012 at 1:20:45 am

its a backupXXX.sql file from another machine.Backup is from CatDV 6.5b26 for the server and the user app is 8.1.11.

- Jason

Jason Perr
Solutions Architect
Levels Beyond
jperr@levelsbeyond.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on May 17, 2012 at 11:44:07 pm

That's an odd ip address for an internal intranet. Are you trying to connect to a server over the web?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Jason Perr
on May 18, 2012 at 4:44:01 pm

no just internal

Jason Perr
Solutions Architect
Levels Beyond
jperr@levelsbeyond.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jun 15, 2012 at 2:14:00 am

Spoke to Jason and this appears to be a mis-match of versions of server. I'm assuming that the schemas weren't updated and so it wouldn't import.

Rolf, or other support crew, can you confirm that this is the case? Can a Windows db be restored onto a Mac and vice versa as long as versions match?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:24:21 pm

You should be able to restore them across different platforms, yes, though I must admit this isn't something that's extensively tested. I'm sure we can provide help to get it to work if necessary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]