FORUMS: list search recent posts

(No) Audio Scrubbing

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sten Thornburg
(No) Audio Scrubbing
on May 11, 2012 at 3:54:14 pm

Hello,

I'm experimenting with a demo of CatDV in anticipation of an eventual purchase and one feature that I use a lot for logging is the frame-by-frame and play head drag audio scrubbing that you see in Final Cut (at least 7). Is there a way to enable this in CatDV? This omission makes it much less useful for logging than I had hoped.

Thanks,
Sten

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: (No) Audio Scrubbing
on May 11, 2012 at 5:24:17 pm

I'm not sure that most QT apps can do that. (FCP gets to cheat.) ;)

You can speed up playback with JKL keys and also preserve the pitch so you get fast sound without chipmunks.

Check the prefs, that'll probably help you out.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Sten Thornburg
on May 11, 2012 at 6:11:28 pm

I checked out Premiere also and it has scrubbing like Final Cut, so it's not a 'unique' characteristic. Seems like a product with a raison d'ĂȘtre of capturing and logging video this would be an important feature.

I've looked to the preferences and found nothing other than the pitch shift elimination. It has audio as long as it is "playing" the video even if faster. Is there a way to make JKL playback go to less than 1x in shuttle?

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on May 11, 2012 at 9:47:37 pm

If you tap the "L" key it will go faster there is three speeds, realtime (not sure of the other rates) but fast and faster!

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on May 11, 2012 at 9:50:56 pm

It would be a nice feature request though as I use the two finger gesture all the time to scrub video and would like to hear the audio scrub accordingly!

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on May 13, 2012 at 10:27:58 pm

This is something we plan to add in CatDV 10.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]