FORUMS: list search recent posts

Search By Date

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colby Sexton
Search By Date
on Mar 9, 2012 at 5:33:14 pm

I feel stupid even asking this question, but I have had this program for about 3 days, and I have 2 issues. 1, I can't add the record date info under summary to multiple clips at the same time. I can add it to a custom field and tag that field by date under Log Notes. However, that leads to problem 2, I can't search or narrow the field of clips by looking for a date.

I realize that the metadata itself has the date the files were shot coming out of my camera, so that may render problem 1 unnecessary, but why then can i not search a date and get any results?

I feel like I am missing something here as this seems really basic to me, and most of the work I do is based upon gathering a lot of broll and sorting by the date it was shot. I am however teaching myself here, so there has to be some user error going on. Please help!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Search By Date
on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:23:27 pm

Not a stupid one, but there's a terminology issue.

Record date isn't reee-cord date, as in, "when was this recorded?" It's record date like, "when was this record entered into the database?"

It's auto entered by the system and shouldn't be editable in most setups. (I think you can do one at a time, but bulk editing just blanks the value.) Someone check me here. I may be way wrong.

As to a custom field, only USER fields of the type DATE are searchable as dates...

Now for the fun part. On my rig, 9.0.6 with server 6.6b12, I can't search a user date field either. You may have found a bug.

Support?? Any thoughts. I enter 12/21/2011 into a date field that I created and get "no record" found. hmm...

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 10, 2012 at 9:38:14 am

Not quite :-)

The Record Date on the Summary tab is actually the date of recording, or rather the camera clock date, if it was set properly and is available in the file you imported. (Many formats, including DV, P2, XDCAM, Exif stlls etc. embed the camera date, and CatDV will try to extract that and populate the Record Date field, but of course if you transcode or rewrap the raw footage before importing into CatDV that information is likely to have been lost.). I think we were planning to change the field name to Camera Clock to make this clearer but I don't think we got round to doing that yet.

If that field is filled in I don't know why you can't search on it. If you do an advanced query you can select Record Date (RD1) from the drop down and then search between two dates, within so many hours of a particular date and time, and so on. You can also search on the Date field (DT1) which is set to either the record date or the file modification date if no record date is set.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Mar 10, 2012 at 5:53:12 pm

Yet another mystery solved! Someday we will conquer them all and then what will I do with my off hours? :)

I stand corrected and that makes sense as to why they would "float" in certain situations and not be editable.

I'll do some more testing on the date searches over here too.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]