FORUMS: list search recent posts

older CatDV Enterprise server license and new OS X Lion server computer

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
older CatDV Enterprise server license and new OS X Lion server computer
on Mar 3, 2012 at 10:34:21 pm

Hi -
the current CatDV server version is 6.6b12. A client asked me to reinstall their existing 1 year old CatDV server on a new Mac Mini running OS X Lion. If they had an older version running with their license code (let's say 6.5 - I am guessing here) - will the same registration code work, or do I need to get the older version (I guess I can use the .dmg files in the download folder) - and if I do this, will the "old" version run under OS X Lion ?

Thanks -
Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: older CatDV Enterprise server license and new OS X Lion server computer
on Mar 4, 2012 at 5:30:41 pm

Man, generally server versions translate up. There can be some issues here and there but generally Squarebox encourages us to update the Server. The features come down as needed from the client side.

Good news is that if you backup the db, you can always downgrade if it tests badly.

Rolf, you wanna confirm that?

If you need a specific version buzz me, I usually have a backlog of them.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Mar 4, 2012 at 10:43:01 pm

Hi Bob

you should not experience any difficulties with a valid serial number ..

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 5, 2012 at 8:53:59 pm

Yes that's correct, and if you backup first then you can always go back if necessary.

Although server releases are only guaranteed to work with the client version they're designed for and usually one either side, in practice in most cases any client will work with pretty much any server, and even if it doesn't fully work it should degrade gracefully so some features aren't available but you can still access basic clip and catalog information. We can also provide an older copy of the server on request if you need it by the way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]