FORUMS: list search recent posts

Searching event markers

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Forrest
Searching event markers
on Feb 29, 2012 at 8:46:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm working with fairly long clips with many points that I want to tag. I'd rather not use sub-clips. I'm happier adding Event Markers, but there's something about them I'm not getting. So I add an event marker and type in a description. The result is that when I search for one of the words used in that description, CatDV displays the relevant clip. But if I have 150 event markers on that clip, I really need the search result to highlight the exact event marker(s) matching the query. Otherwise I'm forced to scroll down through my list of 150 descriptions to find the match.

Any thoughts welcome...

thanks,

Lisa.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Searching event markers
on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:15:54 pm

This has been "on the list" forever. I'm pretty sure it's not been implemented due to the structure of CatDV. Markers aren't "assets" so they cannot be called directly from a query.

Could someone from Squarebox speak to this directly in case I'm out of line on this?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 5, 2012 at 8:41:55 pm

The problem is it might complicate the user interface... are you selecting clips or markers or a mix of both? The good news is there's probably another way to highlight the results: use the clip summary toolbar button or HTML summary tab. This lists all your main metadata fields and event markers for the current clip and highlights the current search term wherever it occurs in the text.

Return to posts index

Lisa Forrest
on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:53:44 am

Ah yes that definitely helps. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:21:43 pm

There is alos a handy little command convert markers to subclips that can prove useful look for it under the logging menu!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]