FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web Client // Benefits and use cases

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonid Nekrasov
Web Client // Benefits and use cases
on Feb 21, 2012 at 3:26:30 pm

Hi,

I have a question to people, who uses the HTML Publisher or the Web Client. For what purpose do you use it? Maybe somebody can provide me a link to his web page?

What are the benefits of the product?

I want to launch a system, where redactors could upload videoclips from different locations in a central database. The Database must be accessible for our customers. It must looks like some kind of online stock of footage.

I already have an enterprise Server and two Workes running.

Thx and Regards
Leonid

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Web Client // Benefits and use cases
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:49:22 pm

Primarily we see this as a basic logging and review and approval tool. The benefits being that any reosonably powerful internet connected machine can collaborate in the workflow. The web client does not offer the ability to upload content for this we rely on third party tools like FTP. We are in the process of setting up some publicly avaiable pages to demo and test but until then the only practical way to test this is to get an evaluation license and run it internally.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Web Client // Benefits and use cases
on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:00:53 pm

Some typical uses of the web client include:
- review & approval by clients or producers accessing system remotely
- give other employees in a large organisation occasional search and browse access to the media library without needing to install full CatDV Pro application on their machines
- provide a simple youtube-like interface to allow university students search through online lectures etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]