FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web client custom field carry-over

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Johnson
Web client custom field carry-over
on Feb 19, 2012 at 9:53:01 pm

Hi All,

Am getting the hang of CatDV/Server after a couple of installations.

A new question...

When I go to the prefs panel and click on Field Definitions and then on User-Defined Fields, will those UDF's transfer over to the web client? I am using the catdv2/WebClient.html and when clicking on the User Fields tab, I don't see any of the User-Defined fields that were made earlier.

Where does one designate what fields are in the web client User Fields tab?

Regards,

Chuck

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Web client custom field carry-over
on Feb 20, 2012 at 1:31:27 am

Hi Chuck

Briefly ,you need to make sure that you have given your USD-Fields an Name , basically a Field Set , you will see that under field definitions , you can have any number of them , then goto your Catdv Control Panel and under Server ( from memory ) you will see a place to type in which so ever one you want to use , this then defines the web stuff. Also check out the documentation supplied to get a more in depth explanation ..

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpine
on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:43:41 pm

I have set up my user defined fields so they display in Cat DV and on the Web Client. The labels all carry over but not all the data is carried over. Certain fields are left empty even if I fill them out in CatDV.

I've attached a couple screen shots from the CatDV Catalog, and the same clip on the Web Client. The one with all the fields populated is CatDV. You will notice certain fields are not populated on the Web Client. For example, Producer. Any suggestions as to why this might be?

~ Nate

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:04:42 pm

Dear all,

I'm just reopening this old thread since it explains exactly what I am going through right now. Any ideas?

Many thanks

C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]