FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different query settings for different user groups

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Furseth
Different query settings for different user groups
on Feb 17, 2012 at 5:09:47 pm

Can you have different query settings for different user groups? I was looking under preferences and I did not see anything that would let me make that change. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Different query settings for different user groups
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:18:59 pm

What do you mean by "query settings"? Any settings that are persisted (such as which fields are shown in the "simple" query dialog) are saved to the server under the production group settings, so when you log on to the server and choose which group you're working under that will control which query settings you are using.

Return to posts index

Peter Furseth
Re: Different query settings for different user groups
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:53:42 pm

[Rolf Howarth] "What do you mean by "query settings"? Any settings that are persisted (such as which fields are shown in the "simple" query dialog) are saved to the server under the production group settings, so when you log on to the server and choose which group you're working under that will control which query settings you are using.
"

Ya I could have been more clear, sorry. When you click "Query" I want what fields that show up to be different depending on the user group. So that answers my question perfectly, I'll try it on Tuesday! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]