FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing tabs in the server admin panel

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Furseth
Removing tabs in the server admin panel
on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:21:34 pm

I am trying to set up profiles for user groups and some of our tabs are group specific. So I went in to modify the user groups and went under the "Enable/disable" tabs and I cant get it to disable more then one.

I have tried a bunch of different ways, commas (with and without spaces), making a new line (with and without commas), A Colon.

I know I am doing something wrong, I just cant figure it out. Thanks in advance.

On a side note, I cant get the enable side to work. I thought if I put one tab name on the enable side, that that one would be the only one to show up, that didn't work. Is their a good place for me to read up on this stuff?

Return to posts index

Peter Furseth
Re: Removing tabs in the server admin panel
on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:16:40 pm

Ok, disregard. I just went in to each users Preferences and hid the tabs. Still, I'd like to know what I was doing wrong. Let me know if you see the problem.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:15:56 pm

You should provide a list of tabs to show or hide, one per line. They need to exactly match the name of the tab, case is sensitive.

If a tab is normally visible but the logged in user's role marks it as disabled then it won't be shown. If a tab is normally invisible (the visible checkbox in the Customise Details Panel preferences is unchecked) but it's in the list of enabled tabs for the current role then it will be shown. If the same tab name appears in both columns then the results are undefined, but I can't think of any reason why you'd want to do that other than to break the software!

Return to posts index

Peter Furseth
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:50:08 pm

[Rolf Howarth] "You should provide a list of tabs to show or hide, one per line. They need to exactly match the name of the tab, case is sensitive.

If a tab is normally visible but the logged in user's role marks it as disabled then it won't be shown. If a tab is normally invisible (the visible checkbox in the Customise Details Panel preferences is unchecked) but it's in the list of enabled tabs for the current role then it will be shown. If the same tab name appears in both columns then the results are undefined, but I can't think of any reason why you'd want to do that other than to break the software!"

Hmm I tried doing it in user profiles just like that, but it wasn't working. I'll assume I messed up at some point and try it again. I ended up doing it the preferences with the check boxes (Probably a better way of doing it anyway) thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]