FORUMS: list search recent posts

error -1309

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Harriss
error -1309
on Feb 13, 2012 at 3:43:38 pm

Any idea what this error message means? I'm suddenly getting errors making proxies. These are Prores (proxy) format being made from Prores 422 files, and stored on a shared drive on the network.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: error -1309
on Feb 13, 2012 at 9:37:54 pm

Is the disc formatted FAT 32 and are these files over 4 gig?

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Feb 13, 2012 at 9:56:29 pm

Mac OS extended journaled.
Yes, the files are larger than 4 gigs. All of the proxies successfully made exceed 4 gigs. They're 4.77 up to 7.62 gigs and rendered without issue. Therein lies the rub.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Feb 14, 2012 at 6:39:55 pm

It's weird that they play in Quicktime though.

I'm stumped on this one.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Feb 14, 2012 at 6:52:14 pm

Wait, wait, it gets better. I am able to make the proxies from a different machine. So on machine 2, where I have actually grabbed the footage in FCP and then imported the files into CatDV does not allow me to create the proxies (which live on a shared drive on machine 1). They get about 1/4 of the way and fail. But on Machine 1 (where the proxy drive lives) I can read the master files across the network and then make the proxies. Oh, and get this, on machine 2 (where the masters reside) I can't get the files to play properly. I click on the Movie tab and they "disappear." Huh? Yup, it's like they don't exist. Back on machine 1 they're fine and play across the network. I've tried reimported and reanalyzing the files, but it's no good.
Stumped is the word
(this is all workgroup server)

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:07:47 pm

I'm sorry we don't have an answer on this one. -1309 is a "file bounds error", so is almost certainly related to hitting a 2GB or 4GB file size limit, but I don't know why some machines are affected and not others. It might be related to the type of network file system you are using or the versions of Mac OS X or QuickTime you're using. If you can come up with a workflow where you can make proxies successfully on at least one machine then I would suggest sticking with that. Once you have the proxies they should work on any machine.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:58:59 pm

In this case it's two identical Mac Pros (even bought on the same day with sequential serial numbers) running the latest version of Snow Leopard. Both are FCP machines and both have QT 7 and QT X.

I watch machine 2 cooking, making the ProRes (proxy) proxies and it churns along, the proxies being saved on an external G-Drive connected to machine 1 via the eSata connection. I can see the proxy growing beyond 4 gigs, but when I come back later it's much smaller, 500 Megs to 1.5 Gigs, and won't play in QT 7. I've tried making the proxies using machine 1 and it works fine, the source files residing on machine 2 and the proxies on the above mentioned external drive attached to machine 1. Very strange. I'm trying to stay consistent with ProRes at 1920x1080, but it may not be worth it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]