FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Connect to CatDV Workgroup Server from 2nd computer

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mephisto Productions
Can't Connect to CatDV Workgroup Server from 2nd computer
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:03:53 pm

We have a two-computer editing station here at our company. The Workgroup Server seems to be running fine on that computer, but on the computer trying to connect, I keep getting this error:

Failed to Connect to Server (Connection refused to host XX.XX.XX.XX [the IP address] : java.net ConnectException: Operation Timed Out)

I've checked that the IP address matches exactly whats on the CatDV Control Panel for the server of that computer. There are no firewalls enabled on either. I started reading up on "jumbo frames" but nobody here knows what that is, so I don't think that's enabled. I also updated the java to be safe.

I'm connected to the other computer via gigabit ethernet, but we're also both connected to the internet. Are there ways these connections, or permissions related to them, are supposed to be configured in order for this to work?

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

jason levy
Re: Can't Connect to CatDV Workgroup Server from 2nd computer
on Jan 28, 2012 at 3:39:02 pm

What happens when you ping the computer with the catdv server on it?

jason

Return to posts index

Mari Jenkins
Re: Can't Connect to CatDV Workgroup Server from 2nd computer
on Jan 30, 2012 at 7:40:31 pm

We solved the problem. It was referencing an IP address the comp was using, but not the right IP address for the particular connection. Still not sure why the other IP address didn't work over the internet connection, but so be it...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]