FORUMS: list search recent posts

Verbatim logger: save as text and apply event markers

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geir Ove
Verbatim logger: save as text and apply event markers
on Mar 4, 2010 at 4:39:40 pm

Is it possible to save everything you have logged in the Verbatim logger as text in the log note field and at the same time apply the event markers.
If you save everything you have logged as a text and then enter the apply button the text disappears from the log note?
Am I doing something wrong or is it a way I can save the text and apply the markers? I would like to have the opportunity to save both.

Geir Ove

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Verbatim logger: save as text and apply event markers
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:12:54 am

Hi Geir

you can if you wish use the copy text button on the left of the interface and paste into the notes field.

Kevin Duggan
CatDv

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 5, 2010 at 11:23:29 am

The verbatim logger is designed not to save duplicate versions of the same data that could get out of step with each other. For example, what should happen if you Apply the log to create markers, then make changes to one or the other, then go in to verbatim logger and apply them again?

As Kevin said, you can go back into Verbatim Logger and Copy Text if you want just the text, then paste that into another field if you really want to.

Return to posts index

Geir Ove
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:08:31 pm

Thanks for the tips! This will work for me.

Geir Ove

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
on Aug 17, 2010 at 10:20:24 am

Hi Rolf,

A lot of what we are inputting is old archived footage that already have accompanying shot lists from our DB/Text library. Is there a way to copy and paste the shot list into the Verbatim Logger and it can 'automatically' create markers from the timecodes that are in the shot list?

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
on Aug 17, 2010 at 10:28:08 am

Never mind... found the answer in a previous post. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]