FORUMS: list search recent posts

build previews fails with -47 error

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Swami Kevala
build previews fails with -47 error
on Mar 4, 2010 at 3:35:22 pm

I am using CatDV to manage footage from a SONY XDCAM EX3. I am using a Matrox CompressHD accelerator card to create H.264 preview videos. Sometimes the build preview fails with a -47 error, but sometimes it is fine. I don't know what is causing this.

Here is a filepath which fails:

/Volumes/Caldigit RAID 5 4TB/Yaksha 2010 Jan-Feb (Music Dance)/Yaksha 2010 Day 03 Ustad Ali Ahmed Hussain Khan-Nadha Aradhana 1-Feb-10 Cam-1/BPAV/CLPR/YKC20036_01/YKC20036_01.MP4

(Note that I can successfully make the preview video outside CatDV by just using the Export function of Quicktime)

Here is a filepath which works:

/Volumes/Caldigit RAID 5 4TB/Yaksha 2010 Jan-Feb (Music Dance)/Yaksha 2010 Day 11 Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar-Drupad-Vocal 9-Feb-10 Cam-1/BPAV/CLPR/YKC10258_06/YKC10258_06.MP4

Both files have been taken with the same camera and processed in the same way.

I am running CatDV version 8.0.8 on a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard (with 32 bit Java)

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

Swami Kevala

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: build previews fails with -47 error
on Mar 5, 2010 at 11:10:35 am

There are a few strange problems with certain file paths in QuickTime. The -47 error can occur if the destination parent folder has a name longer than 31 characters, or if the file path contains accented characters, neither of which seem to apply in your case, so it's not totally clear what's going on, but I would suggest trying to simplify the path if you can.

Return to posts index

Swami Kevala
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:23:29 pm

I moved the file to a shorter path:
/Volumes/Caldigit/YKC20036_01.MP4
and still get the same error

If I do a normal Quicktime export of the same file (using the same Matrox card settings) it works fine.

Return to posts index

Swami Kevala
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:26:46 pm

Sorry that path was 33 chars long.

I tried with this:
/Volumes/Caldigit/01.MP4 (24 chars)
and still the same problem

Return to posts index

Allan White
on Mar 8, 2010 at 11:41:17 pm

Do you get the same results with the preview directory set to somewhere on your internal drive, say the desktop? Try changing it to something like that and see if the results are the same.

I've run into this problem and never really understood the solution. Sometimes permissions are to blame.

- Allan White, Video Producer, Luis Palau Assoc.

Quad 3Ghz Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, X1900 GPU, XSAN, CatDV Server

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 14, 2010 at 7:45:29 pm

I just got a bunch of intermittent -47 (file busy) errors when exporting a movie from QuickTime Player. In this case I think the error description was actually correct: file busy. Make sure you're not viewing the destination folder in a Finder window (or any other application) while you do a conversion or that will lock the file and cause the conversion to fail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]