FORUMS: list search recent posts

Publishing catalogues and file paths

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sava Pinney
Publishing catalogues and file paths
on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:12:45 am

Two questions please, we are in the middle of a database set up.

1. I am working with a client to set up their image database. Have customized a User Details panel and catalogued several folders of photos. Catalogues are saved to our network server, prior to the CatDV server being up.

Now the CatDV server is up. I went in to Permissions, set several groups, roles and users up but oops published some of the tagged catalogues as Administrator, so they don't belong to any group.

Is this an issue? Should I unpublish them and republish from a group? (and how to do that?) I can see catalogues in the server tree as 'Read only'.

2. File path issue: I am working on one of our users computers (mac, user with system admin permissions) to test how its all going, and can open catalogues via 'Browse' catalogues option, navigating to the cats, ok but all the images are 'offline'.

I manage to relink after trying to open one image and following the prompts to load an equivalent path. This works well and relinks everything in all the catalogues - until I quit out and log back in and have to do it all over again.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for your help, cheers
Sava

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Publishing catalogues and file paths
on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:15:06 am

Hi Sava
publishing as Administrator does no harm, though its not good practice :)- Hence the warning. You can change it with the bulk edit command. Catdv tracks who published each catalog so it can enforce permissions and access to catalogs .

2. No what you did was fine but did you save the Preferences to the server so that they stick. Right click on the production group in the tree and SAVE GROUP SETTINGS (from memory )

hope this helps

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Sava Pinney
Re: Publishing catalogues and file paths
on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:51:01 pm

Ok thank you and thank you again! I love this software. That worked, it's looking good.
Cheers, Sava

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]