FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worker Movie Conversion Failures

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Fortune
Worker Movie Conversion Failures
on Nov 29, 2011 at 3:15:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm getting errors in Worker Node with a movie conversion watch action I've set up. It seems that any QT or mp3 which has to buffer when I first open it in Quicktime 7, will result in a failure when Worker trys to crunch it. Since the Quicktime engine is doing the transcoding, I decided to try it manually. As I suspected, the Export function in Quicktime is grayed out until the video has fully buffered. I'm guessing this is what is causing Worker to fail. Is there a way to tell Worker to buffer movies completely before it attempts to crunch them?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Worker Movie Conversion Failures
on Nov 29, 2011 at 4:54:38 pm

If quicktime is bonking, that's a tough on. What's the media format and what storage are they coming off of? Is it a local drive or something off of the internet?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Jon T Foster
on Nov 30, 2011 at 8:39:32 pm

Is this a non-native Quicktime file...like a WMV or some MPEG or DIVX variant that is using Perian to open in QT player?

Jon Foster

Sales Engineer

Niche Video Products, Inc.

Atlanta, GA

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Dec 7, 2011 at 6:42:17 pm

That's interesting, I don't think I've seen that before but what you describe certainly sounds possible, but something we should be able to fix if necessary. Could you send a CatDV Worker Log that shows the error to support@squarebox.co.uk so we can investigate further please?

What kind of file are you processing? Is it a reference movie with content it has to load over the network or is it particularly long? I'm curious why it takes a while to load - just opening up an mp3 should be near instantaneous normally.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]