FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export from CatDV to Filemaker database

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Quinto
Export from CatDV to Filemaker database
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:04:25 pm

We've been logging a bunch of video clips using CatDV, and I want to export the information that we've been putting in to a Filemaker database. We have a number of user fields that we've been using. Does anybody have any tips or tricks in order to do this as smoothly as possible?

Return to posts index

Jeanine Strock
Re: Export from CatDV to Filemaker database
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:24:15 pm

I can't help you with this, but along the same lines, I'd like to be able to import my old Filemaker database into CatDV. So maybe whoever answers you can help me too!

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:58:37 pm

I don't know the specifics of FileMaker Pro I'm afraid but you can import and export data from CatDV as tab-separated text and as XML. If you know someone who can do a bit of scripting you should be able to get one or other of those in and out of other apps relatively easily.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Nov 10, 2011 at 10:39:52 pm

Filemaker or FMP, as I'm gonna type it, takes a ton of formats. CatDV will give you tab separated text, which you can clean up manually and import in easily.

If you do this a lot, get yourself an XSLT written which can do them automatically and consistently. A good programmer/CatDV integrator should be able to get this worked out for you.

As to going the other way, the best is to create an XML or collection of XML's out of FMP which CatDV will import as either clips with media (if the path is specified, or empty clips for you to link. Again, you may need some shell scripting on this, depending on the current state of FMP's XML output features.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]