FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Hierarchy Fields with Web Client

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Fortune
Multi Hierarchy Fields with Web Client
on Nov 9, 2011 at 10:33:28 pm

Hi all,
I've noticed something interesting with CatDV 9. I really like the new feature of Multi Hierarchy User Defined Fields. We have a particular picklist with hundreds of preset options and the new option is great for organizing all those.

On the web client though, this metadata field doesn't display a dropdown arrow and I can't access any of the preset entries. It seems to function as a Plain Text field. Has anyone else experienced this or know of any way to fix this function on the web client?

I've also set up another user defined field as a linked hierarchy field. In CatDV Pro this is working great. On the web app, the linked hierarchy field is functioning as a normal picklist or a Grouping field. This instance isn't as big of a problem because I still have a dropdown arrow and can access my picklist values, even if they aren't linking to the other metadata value. The problem with the Multi Hierarchy field is definitely more troubling since I can't access any of the picklist values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Multi Hierarchy Fields with Web Client
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:56:03 pm

Support for multi fields was added to the Web Client in 6.6b7, available from http://www.squarebox.co.uk/download1.html

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:47:22 pm

Hi Rolf!
I did not send you the error file for my previous question but I got around it with h.264 proxy encoding.

Regarding to Will's question I suffered from the same issue so I installed the 6.6b7 Web Client (clicking the CatDV logo produces this: "CatDV Web Interface 6.6b7"). The issue did not go away and I see multi hierarchy metadata as follows: Cars/AudiPart/Wheel. Picklist values are defined Cars/Audi, Cars/BMW etc. I got around the issue with generating different user defined fields for Cars and Parts but the the problem still exists and might bother someone.

Best,
Toni

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 17, 2011 at 10:07:47 pm

Ah, it depends on which bit of the "multi hierarchy" fields is the important bit for you!

6.6b7 implements the "multi" part but not the "hierarchy" part (ie. the field can have multiple values but currently they are displayed as "Cars/Audi; Cars/BMW" rather than shortened to "Audi; BMW")

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:42:46 am

Thanks for your quick responses Rolf!

The issue I wanted to point out was the missing semicolon between the values ie. Cars/AudiPart/Wheel. I am using firefox 9.0b if that makes a difference.

-Toni

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 24, 2011 at 11:05:50 pm

Ah apologies, you're quite right. We're not correctly flagging multi-hierarchy fields as being "multi" in the web client. We'll hopefully fix that in the next update.

Return to posts index

Will Fortune
on Nov 23, 2011 at 3:58:33 pm

Thanks Rolf!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]