FORUMS: list search recent posts

search tape name in 'browse catalogs' window

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Swami Kevala
search tape name in 'browse catalogs' window
on Mar 4, 2010 at 2:22:54 am

Hello,

We are running the standalone version of CatDV. We are backing up SONY XDCAM EX3 HD footage. We backup our data on LTO4 tapes, and create a separate catalog for the data on each LTO4 tape.

Our files/pathnames are like this:

Pongal Tourist Festival 2010 at Semmedu 16-Jan-10 - Cam I
- BPAV

So - the tape name contains all the event metadata, so I need to be able to search for words in the clip tape name over all our catalogs. (For example I should be able to search for the word "festival", and get clips back from all the catalogs - using the "Browse Catalogs" window).

However, it seems that the Browse Catalogs window does not search the clip tape name.

I understand that this functionality may be available using the workgroup version - but we are not in a position to get that right now. Is there any possibility that this feature could be added to the standalone version?

Kind Regards

Swami Kevala

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: search tape name in 'browse catalogs' window
on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:38:47 am

You're right, it doesn't seem to search Tape and probably should, so we'll try to add that in the next update. (Currently it searches clip Name, Bin, Notes and all the user-defined fields).

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: search tape name in 'browse catalogs' window
on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:00:21 pm

For now, maybe create a new "tape" field, that's a user field and then Bulk Edit (under the "Tools" menu) the tape name into that new field. That way you could search it.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]