FORUMS: list search recent posts

CATDV Publishing Error

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Cormon
CATDV Publishing Error
on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:26:10 pm

Hey,

I'm working for a company using CatDV for logging purposes. We open the clips stored on our server and use verbatim logger, adding event markers when dialogue appears in order to be able to export xml's into final cut with the markers there.

Today we've had trouble publishing changes. We have 4-5 people continuously working on the same catalogs, accessing clips together, and it's been slowing down massively. Although this was painful, it could be worked around until we came across a problem (first on one computer, then the others) of trying to publish changes in the main catalog to the server and getting this error:

replaceClip failed (Data truncation: Data too long for column 'events' at row 1)

since then we haven't been able to apply any changes and are dealing with it by saving catalogs locally, but obviously this is something that needs to be fixed.

It seems like this might be a server issue but I'm not well versed enough to know exactly what this would be referring to. Any ideas? Let me know if you need any more info, I'm kinda stumped right now.

cheers!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: CATDV Publishing Error
on Nov 1, 2011 at 1:18:12 am

That is indeed a server error. The support crew will have to pitch in, but can you not create a new catalog or make any changes on the server, even to other data?

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Nov 1, 2011 at 2:46:32 pm

Sounds like you are running an older version of the server? What OS is the server on? This error is hitting the character limit of the field. There are ways to increase this if you are simply hitting the limits of the fields but this was increased with the release of 6.5 from 255 to 1023.

Return to posts index

Arthur Cormon
on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:51:33 pm

we're using

CatDV server 6.6b6
Database: MySQL 5.5.16

It seems these are the latest versions, no? The problem still comes up, seemingly at random intervals.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Nov 1, 2011 at 10:16:13 pm

There is a newer version but that is not the issue the error appears to be a character limit on the file path but that is set to 1023 in the version of the software you have. Your path is not longer than that is it? Can you send me the logs from the client and the server to matts@jbanda.com and I will take a deeper look.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:29:25 pm

The latest server is actually 6.6b7 which includes a number of fixes, but none relevant to this particular error. The way event markers are stored in the database they are limited to 65,000 characters per clip. That's normally plenty for most people but it obviously depends on your workflow.

If you really do need to store such detailed event markers in the database (and can't work around the problem by creating subclips etc.) then you can increase the limit in the database, but you should only do that if you need to as it reduces the efficiency of the database.

You need to run the following MySQL command as the MySQL root user (mysql -u root):

ALTER TABLE catdv.clip MODIFY events LONGTEXT ;

Contact us by email if you need more help with this. We don't really want to encourage too much direct access to the database in public because it's so easy to mess things up if you're not careful :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]