FORUMS: list search recent posts

xml workflow

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason levy
xml workflow
on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:15:59 pm

Can't seem to get this quite right. Perhaps someone can clue me in.

We have various catalogues of shots that have been logged in the verbatim logger. We now want story editors to go back and select short clips from a variety of shots and export them as XML so the editor can use them in Final Cut.

Ok you can go into verbatim logger and subclip. But I don't want to clutter up the original catalogs with subclips. Can one subclip into a new catalog?

What is the short cut for setting an in or an out in verbatum logger? Dragging the little blue triangles is not accurate but I cannot find the short cut?

Any other tips?

thanks,

Jason

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: xml workflow
on Oct 31, 2011 at 5:09:40 pm

As far as I know, if you subclip in the main window (not the VL) the subclips show up in the list and you can simply drag them out to a new catalog.

Often we just have the producers create subclips and leave them in the catalogs and save. After that, the assists or editors go in, sort and export the subclips and then move them or delete them, depending on the use. I hate having subclips clogging up my catalogs too.

(A saved search would be good for this "find and export" operation.)

Rolf, I noticed that when exporting a ref movie through the Worker from a subclip, it exports the whole original clip. Could we look into this? I'd love to have the Worker see the subclips, export them as refs and move them to new catalogs, thereby cleaning up after us.

The Verbatim Logger, to my understanding, is mostly just for creating the logs and then you can translate them into whatever you want, (sublcips, markers, text etc) but it's not really for going back in and subclipping etc, after the fact. At least in the way that I've used it.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:09:25 pm

That's right - as the name implies the Verbatim Logger is primarily for creating transcripts linked to timecode, which you can save as text or as markers. You can also create subclips with it but that's not its main purpose. For subclipping using the details panel may be easier - use a combination of the JKL keys, I and O, and Cmd-U to create the subclip (and Cmd-Shift-U to jump between the master clip and the subclip).

We'll look into the worker reference movie thing but I'm a bit surprised at that as it should do the same as if you were exporting a reference movie from a subclip in CatDV, which works I think.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:27:41 pm

Ref export of subclips works perfectly in the client. I'm sure it's a quick one for the Worker.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]