FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web client proxies

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Helms
Web client proxies
on Oct 30, 2011 at 8:04:57 am

Hi!
I have trouble getting the web client to show proxies.
Here is the deal:
I want to use the same proxies as I use as my proxies when my files are offline on my CatDV Pro clients.

My setup is this:
I have the original clips placed on many different discs.
I work from the computer Edit1 which have a CallDigit HDone as my working space with 8TB and have a Sonnet Fussion four bay system where I have 10 arhive discs.
And finally I have a Cache-A LTO tapesystem.

Then I have a MacMini connected where the CatDV server is placed - here I have a disc called catdv_server and a folder catdv_proxy, where all the proxies are.

If I just fill out the Low res proxy root dir on the CatDV server control panel - I am not getting it to show my proxies:
I am filling it out like this:
I don't write anything in the Original full res root directory (as it is placed on numerous discs)
And write the following on the Low-res proxy dir: "/Volumes/catdv_server/catdv_proxies/"

They work fine on the CatDV Pro workstations - but not on the web.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards
Henrik

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
Re: Web client proxies
on Oct 30, 2011 at 8:43:36 am

I got it to work - although I can't quite see why it ended up using this term.
I used the wizard - and it came up with this:
/Volumes/catdv_server 1/catdv_proxies

How it has got the number 1 from - I don't know - the disc is only called "catdv_server"- but it is working

Kind regards
Henrik

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 30, 2011 at 8:50:01 am

And then again no...
It did only work because it showed the original files.
When I disconnected the edit1 computer - it all went back to nothing....

So I am back where I started - something am I doing wrong - but what....?

Kind regards
Henrik

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 31, 2011 at 12:52:27 am

You have a common problem I suspect.

It's the catdv_server1 thing. That happens when your Mac either connects twice, or when someone reconnects without unmounting the server. It seems to happen a lot like smb and afp mounting the same server twice, or when you mount via IP in "connect to server" and then someone clicks on the "connect" button in a finder window.

Anyway, it's not the CatDV, it's a mac or PC thing. If you use the terminal to check the contents of "/Volumes", I'm betting you'll see your server mounted as "catdv_server1" instead of "catdv_server". I had this kick my butt on an Isilon one time and I've seen it a lot since.

This doesn't show on the name in the Finder or Desktop, by the way, only in the /Volumes directory.

If you are averse to the Terminal, you can use "go to folder" in the "Go" menu of the finder and it'll show you how things are mounted that way too.

If you reboot, after setting your paths up, I'm betting you're fine.

The reason the Wizard worked is that it picked up the "1" on the end of the name, but when you rebooted or the "1" version went away and it mounted correctly, your Wizard was wrong because the "1" went away. So it seems random.

It's not. Check the mount name, set your paths correctly, as you had them, and then it'll all work. But be careful of the "multi-mount". ;)

Let me know if this is what's happening.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Henrik Helms
on Oct 31, 2011 at 7:59:30 am

Hi Bryce!
Always a pleasure when you respond...:)
I have tested "/Volumes/catdv_server/catdv_proxies" with the go to folder command on my machine where the server control panel is placed - and its fine. I have pasted that path to the lovres proxy root dir. I have rebooted - and bingo when I accessed the web client it worked.

I think it has been a combination of the double connecting thing and perhaps a typo....

But thanks again Bryce for your advice!

Kind regards
Henrik

Greetings
Henrik Helms
dBA MEDIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]