FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV and LTO

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Horne
CatDV and LTO
on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:04:58 pm

Greetings,

First time posting in this forum. We are demoing the CatDV Enterprise Server and a few CatDV Pro clients.

I'm under the impression that CatDV speaks to many LTOs. We do have an LTO already in service here but can't seem to find out if CatDV will talk to our particular LTO.

Here's what we have:

There is an IBM TS3200 System 3650. IBM's Tivoli Storage Manager software for this LTO runs on a MacPro Dual Core Intel Xeon, 3Ghz.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: CatDV and LTO
on Oct 25, 2011 at 8:29:38 pm

CatDV includes no device drivers and cannot directly interact with LTO or any other tape device at a hardware level.

The integrations we speak of here are with the various software packages that control the drives. Atempo, PresSTORE and in the case of the Cache-A units, they have hardware and software in one unit.

If the Tivoli software can be accessed from a command line interface, then the CatDV worker can be scripted to hand off archive jobs to it, but this is a custom function and is usually done on a job by job basis.

Generally your integrator should be able to engage Squarebox or their own team to help you set up scripts such as this. I'll take a look and see if I can find any Tivoli documentation to see if it allows for outside control.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]