FORUMS: list search recent posts

-206 error when building proxy

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toni Popovic
-206 error when building proxy
on Oct 24, 2011 at 6:23:35 am

Hello experts!

I successfully build proxy with near default setting the first time but I then realised that the proxys need to be smaller files because the web client interface becomes unusable when you have to wait for the videos to download before they play at all.

After that I tried changing encoding settings for proxy but I can't build proxy anymore and every try ends with an error code -206. Even the setting changes end in an error: "CustomPreview - quicktime.std.StdQTException[QTJava:7.6.0g],-206=badFormat,QT.vers:7708000). In the proxy settings, I can see the drop down menu for different options but pressing the customise button does not do anything anymore.

BTW, can you suggest good proxy settings for web interface where video quality does not really matter as the original files are already of sub par quality?

This seems like good forum to ask technical questions and all the help is really appreciated!

Toni Popovic

Return to posts index

Toni Popovic
Re: -206 error when building proxy
on Oct 24, 2011 at 10:35:52 am

I would like to add that it seems that the only encoding options that work for me are the two MPEG4 options (IIRC quality, normal). Also, the longer QTJava error I reported comes from clicking the customise button with any other option than the two MPEG4 options.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: -206 error when building proxy
on Oct 24, 2011 at 4:58:46 pm

I don't recognise that error at all. If you send a copy of the CatDV Error Log (see the Help menu) to support@squarebox.co.uk we may be able to work out what's going on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]