FORUMS: list search recent posts

23.98 Broadcast Wav audio not importing with correct TC

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason levy
23.98 Broadcast Wav audio not importing with correct TC
on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:55:10 pm

It's a broadcast WAV file. They appear in Final Cut correctly.... but not in cat DV. For example if I import the clip into Cat DV the first frame comes in at 18:44:23:41 when the actual first frame of the clip is 18:43:36:10 ...

Any thoughts?

jason

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: 23.98 Broadcast Wav audio not importing with correct TC
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:00:24 pm

If I had to guess I'd say that could be a drop vs nondrop timecode issue. The problem is that officially there is no such such thing as 23.98 drop frame timecode, but it might be that FCP is interpreting the frame count of the timecode as if it was drop frame, in which case would give a different result to CatDV. If so, are you sure that FCP is correct? Does the FCP figure correspond to what you know the timecode should be?

Could you forward an example file to support@squarebox.co.uk so we can investigate please?

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:26:52 pm

will do that shortly.

We have confirmed that Final cut is reading them correctly as they sync up with the picture perfectly. But when they come in to CatDV the timecode is no longer correct.

jason

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:37:01 pm

The problem seems to be that they either import as 29.97 drop or as 25 (depending on the default being NTSC or PAL) but they don't come it at 23.98

How can I get Cat DV to import them at the correct TC rate? Final cut can do it without problem.

thanks

Jason

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:46:19 pm

Tried using Final Cut to convert the timecode to 30 nondrop. Import that into CatDV and the BWF comes in as drop.

Return to posts index

jason levy
Fixed using "change timebase" but why this command on only some systems running same versions of software??
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:54:08 pm

I can fix the problem using the "change timebase" menu option in the TOOLS menu. But some of our systems do not have that command. Why is that? They are both supposedly version 9.0.2 ??

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Fixed using "change timebase" but why this command on only some systems running same versions of software??
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:08:33 pm

Turn on advanced menu options in the general tab of the preferences!

Return to posts index

jason levy
Re: Fixed using "change timebase" but why this command on only some systems running same versions of software??
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:29:49 pm

Thanks. This is indeed a deeply layered piece of software. I will no doubt be leaning on you all further in the days to come.

jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]