FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing Logged Material

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve leary
Printing Logged Material
on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:59:27 pm

I have looked through the archives of the CatDV forum and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Please forgive me if this has already been covered.

I have about 400 clips in a project and each one of them has been logged. Some by putting a description in the Notes section and some using the verbatim logger. I need to print a hard copy of everything that was logged and just need the clip name and whatever was typed into the notes field and verbatim logger (along with the time codes and/or markers that were inserted as well. What is the process for selecting all the clips and printing this information? Can it be done so there's not 1,000 pages of printed material?

Example of what I'm trying to accomplish:

Clip Name Log Description
AKG1013_01.mov Guys in boat heading out to fish
AKG1014_01.mov Mike: So today we're heading out on Lake X and the
wind is blowing pretty good out of the West.
We're going to try and catch some pike in about
15 feet of water.
AKG1015_01.mov

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Printing Logged Material
on Oct 16, 2011 at 10:23:20 am

Define a custom view that contains the fields you want to see, eg. Name, Notes, Event Markers, then use File > Print > HTML Formatted and choose that view from the drop down.

Return to posts index

steve leary
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:14:48 pm

When I attempt to do that, I would have hundreds of printed out pages since it wants to also print a thumbnail. Thumbnails wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if the print could align itself to the right of the thumbnail instead of below it.

I've attempted to "Print Current View" but then I lose a lot of info that has been typed. If there is lot's of information that has been typed, the notes field is long. It doesn't format the notes field to fit on the page. It just continues to go on and on on 1 line and it gets lost when you go to print.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 17, 2011 at 8:23:55 pm

You definitely want HTML Formatted, not Current View, to flow a long Notes field. One of the options there is not to print any thumbnails.

-Rolf

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:44:38 pm

You can also try exporting tab separated and taking it into Excel. I do that a lot for making "pretty" reports.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

steve leary
on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:01:03 pm

When I export it like that, it duplicates everything that's been written. I'm guessing that's because when I was in Verbatim Logger, that I did both "Save Text" and "Apply" - so now it's saving it twice?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:22:21 pm

Are you responding to Rolf, or I?

Export as text should export only what is in the current view.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 23, 2011 at 10:02:27 pm

That's why saving the same data in two places is a bad idea :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]