FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worker Node Setup

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whitney Sickels
Worker Node Setup
on Oct 11, 2011 at 1:14:38 pm

Hi there,

Trying to set up the Worker Node; which is proving to be a little difficult. Basically, we want a trigger action (Status = xxx) to convert the file to a specific preset we already defined and then eventually upload to an FTP (a bonus would be with it's XML file).

The latest issue is this failed message: quicktime.io.QTIOException[QTJava:7.7.0g],-1409=Unknown Error Code,QT.vers:7708000

Any ideas?

The computer we are running the Worker Node on has QT Pro Version 7.7. Worker Node version 4.0.3, CatDV version 9.0.2. Running off server on Mac OS X.

Also - is it possible that once the file is converted it is named as the Clip ID (CREF)? (e.g., 843F2596.mov)

Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Worker Node Setup
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:07:35 am

Can you send the worker log to support at squarebox?

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
on Oct 12, 2011 at 8:51:06 am

Will do, cheers!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 18, 2011 at 11:28:33 pm

Using the "expand variables" options in the Worker you can name the files with any field you like and to any directory structure as well. Look at the area where you can move, rename, etc and you'll see the ability to "expand" variables" if you then put a variable on the end of the path you'll get the name you want from the output.

It takes a while to get comfortable with using variables. If you've got the time and desire, dig in and play, you can work miracles. If you don't or don't want to, just hire it done and get back to work making video. lol Most of my clients get far enough to lay out a workflow and then we take it the last mile and jump in as needed. Once you've done a few, you can then copy and edit the one's you have to get rolling. I know you've worked with Kevin before, maybe hit him up and book a little session to get you started.

Obviously you can also get the XML out with the export command and from there set up a shell command to ftp it all up as well. Some of my clients keep the original name and add the new data like "name-clipREF.mov" so that they have a human readable version but if that's not important ClipREF is a great way to go.

The Worker is the most powerful part of this whole suite but as with a lot of things in life, it's also the most challenging. It's cool to see you digging in.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Miguel Morais
on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:03:39 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem, when i try setup server query, show me always this error:

quicktime.io.QTIOException[QTJava:7.6.9g],-1409=Unknown Error Code,QT.vers:7698000

Somebody solved this problem?

i appreciate your help...

regards,
MM

Return to posts index

Whitney Sickels
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:37:20 am

Hi Miguel,

Unfortunately, we were never able to set this up properly. I ended up being able to get the files to convert to my settings and export (they would only export to the desktop), but could not get them to upload to FTP. Almost half the files that DID export have an IO error, so I had to re-export each one manually from CatDV.

Hopefully, you'll have more luck! You could start by sending your worker log to: support@squarebox.co.uk

Return to posts index

Miguel Morais
on Apr 19, 2012 at 11:50:47 am

Hello whitney,

Thanks for your quickly reply.

I will send the error to squrebx.

Regards,
Mm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved