FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server will not start

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason levy
Server will not start
on Oct 6, 2011 at 3:02:54 pm

Hello,

Installed CatDV server and it all went fine with everything working and I was able to connect to it via a CatDV pro seat on another station.

I shut it all down to move the server computer and when I restarted it server will no longer start up. The mysql is running fine. Here is the error message:

3032_screenshot20111006at9.52.57am.png.zip

Any suggestions?

jason

Return to posts index

jason levy
Re: Server will not start
on Oct 6, 2011 at 3:03:48 pm

I clearly dont know how to use this bbs. trying again

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Oct 6, 2011 at 4:21:44 pm

When I try to ping the address of the server it tells me "no route to host".

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Oct 6, 2011 at 4:59:17 pm

There appears to be a IP conflict can you send the error log from the server? matts@jbanda.com

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Oct 6, 2011 at 5:27:34 pm

3033_serverunknown201110061021.log.zip

there is a link to the CATDV log. Is there some OS log that I should be looking at?

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:14:47 pm

I don't see anything that jumps out in the log since you have nothing in ht database try a quick re install. A tip start the server and close and re-launch the control panel.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:13:57 pm

I suspect the problem is a misconfiguration of the server's IP address in the Server Config page. When clients connect to the server they're actually connecting to a naming service which returns the address of the actual server object to use. If the server has multiple IP addresses it needs to know which one the clients are using to connect to it. You therefore have to configure it with its own IP address in the server control panel.

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Oct 7, 2011 at 5:04:55 pm

I had the same suspicion as you and tried using the control panel to set the server to another ip but same result. Two questions...

1) what is the correct procedure to set the server to a different IP?

2) how can I determine what a suitable IP would be to set it to?

tks

jason

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 7, 2011 at 5:25:39 pm

It's not a IP address it's the IP address. The server will only have one or maybe two and you have to enter the right one. Can I just check, are you setting up the server on your office network? If so, see your IT department for details on how to set this up. Or are you maybe trying it out on a laptop whose IP address keeps changing depending on which WiFi network you're on? That's fine for testing but obviously not the normal way of deploying it. For that, leave the IP address blank and press Cancel when it prompts you to fill it in.

Return to posts index

jason levy
ahh
on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:12:09 pm

Get it, got it. Good. Fixed it. It's running. I'm slow but I get there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]