FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic "Outs" generation?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
Automatic "Outs" generation?
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:54:12 pm

I don't think CatDV can do this but thought it might be a good place to find a solution from someone.

We generate lists (ale, FCP batch, TAB) of selects from 90 min game records. What I'd like is a list of all the media NOT included in the selects. This will allow me to archive off the entire game separated out as Selects and Outs.

Thanks
John Heagy

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Automatic "Outs" generation?
on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:31:02 pm

I don't think it does that, unless someone here's got a way to reverse selections in sequences. (I'm continually amazed at all that's built in to the app.)

But I'm pretty sure it could totally be done in a shell script.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Oct 5, 2011 at 3:34:09 am

John can you tag these as "selects" then search for anything not a select? Can't be that simple? Feel free to send me sample files.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:17:24 pm

Hi Matt,

We're not marking the "outs" at all so they're not in the catalog. We have a long master clip and the selects in the catalog. We'd like to derive the outs so in the end we have the entire master clip broken down for archive. It's no fun restoring a 70min ProRes file just to get one 6 sec shot. Data granularity is an issue when restoring from LTO short of the Unicorn that is ProRes partial file restore.

John

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:22:58 pm

We have little Elves looking for that Unicorn I will keep you posted! Would adding the out markers and converting to sub clips help? Generating new files without re-compression is as fast as a copy. Not necessarily a slick solution but is easy to do in CatDV.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:32:56 pm

[Matthew Stamos] "Would adding the out markers and converting to sub clips help?"

Yes... but how to do that automatically, given just the selects in the catalog, is the trick. I'm basically looking for a "produce un-maked media list" process.

May be a job for Bouke of Videotoolshed.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:38:18 pm

That makes sense anything that is not marked. Can you send a sample catalog I don't need the media just want to see a record or two with the selects made. Though it may not do it today that certainly seems possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]