FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Metadata creation

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Ottesen
Automatic Metadata creation
on Oct 1, 2011 at 7:01:46 pm

How can I draw several clips in to CatDV, and automatically have some pre-defined metadata attached to all the files immediately ?

I know I can attach the metadata to the files AFTER they are imported, but I would prefer to have the Metadata automatically attached when importing them in to CatDV

Per Ottesen
Stjernholm & Co

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Automatic Metadata creation
on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:29:41 am

The Worker Node can apply metadata upon ingest into the database.
http://www.squarebox.co.uk/worker.html

Return to posts index

Per Ottesen
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:01:14 am

Yeah, but I remember Kevin showing something i Pro-version, where You made an empty "folder" with the needed metadata, and then You just can drag all the files on to this folder, and then they've got the metadata attached, but I can remember how to do this

Per Ottesen
Stjernholm & Co

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:50:35 am

If the values already exist in your catalog, so they appear under the Automatic Grouping secion of the tree or in the Grouping panel (activated via the toolbar) then you can drag clips onto that value to apply the value to those clips.

The other thing you may be thinking of is setting up one clip (using Edit > New Empty Clip) as a kind of template. Fill in the metadata fields you want on that, then copy the clip and use the Paste Metadata command as an easy way to set several fields on lots of clips at the same time.

Return to posts index

Per Ottesen
on Oct 5, 2011 at 7:43:43 pm

Thank's Rolf, it's exactly what I was thinking of. The "problem" is that when I drag a clip onto the value in the Grouping panel, nothing happens, and the clip doesn't come in to CatDV, and regarding the "New Empty Clip" command I simple can't find that in my CatDV Pro (right now I'm only on CatDV Pro, but should on the entreprise version next week).

And to Matthew: Yes, Worker Node is definetively a module I need to look in to.

My purpose right now, is to make some "CatDV for Dummies", with how-to-do-it and some tips & tricks, so I'm starting with CatDV, and then I would like to expand that to with the server versions, and then come the web- and workermodule, so there are late night to ahead of me (I'm a reseller starting to focus on CatDV, and would like to make this guidance, so our coming customers can start easily, and hopefully get success with their investigation)

Per Ottesen
Stjernholm & Co

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:16:51 am

You say when you drag a clip onto the grouping value "nothing comes in to CatDV". Can I stop you right there - can I clarify whether you're trying to drag a file onto the grouping value or a clip that you've already imported into the catalog? By clip I mean something that has already been imported into the catalog - you need to import the file first.

To see the New Empty Subclip command you need to enabled advanced menus via CatDV's Preferences.

-Rolf

Return to posts index

Per Ottesen
on Oct 7, 2011 at 5:26:55 pm

Hi Rolf!
OK, I was thinking of dragging file directly from the Finder in to CatDV, and at the time got Metadata attached to them.
If that was possible, I could have a primary metadata attached to all the files when they are imported, instead of FIRST import the files and THEN attach the metadata, meaning I have to wait until all the files are imported before I can attach the metadata.

About the Advanced Menu from the preferences, I wasn't aware of that but Kevin help me out, so thank's to all for Your time and help

Per Ottesen
Stjernholm & Co

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:35:13 pm

Per that would be the Worker Node which is a the automation engine application for CatDV server. This tool can apply metadata and publish to the server among other things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]